JAMB subject Combinations for Computer Science
If you’re passionate about securing a computer science degree at the University, I’m sure you’re here to know the right jamb subject combinations for the discipline.
Computer Science is one of the fast-growing programs in the University due to the evolving nature of technology in recent years, which has made the program highly competitive among candidates.
In this post, you’ll get to know the right jamb subject combination For computer science, O’level SSCE Subject Requirements for Studying computer science, and a list of universities offering computer science. Without wasting much time, Let’s dive in.
O’level SSCE Subject Requirements for Studying Computer Science (WACE/NECO/NABTEB)
For an aspirant to study COMPUTER SCIENCE in the University, such a person is required to have at least five credits in their O’LEVEL (WAE C/NECO/ NABTEB) in the five core subjects Required for studying computer science, which are:
- English language
- Computer Science
List Universities Offering Computer Science
If you’re still contemplating the right institution to choose when registering for Jamb, kindly note that Not every University in Nigeria offers a computer science program. Below are various tertiary institutions to study COMPUTER SCIENCE in Nigeria.
Federal Universities To Study Computer Science in Nigeria
1. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
2. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
3. Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta
4. Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi
5. Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
6. Federal University Of Technology Minna
7. Federal University Of Technology, Akure
8. Federal University Of Technology, Owerri
9. Federal University, Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
10. Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State
11. Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State
12. Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State
13. Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
14. Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
15. Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State
16. Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
17. Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
18. Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
19. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
20. Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike
21. Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola
22. Nasarawa State University, Keffi
23. Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Kaduna State
24. Northwest University, Kano, Kano State
25. Plateau State University, Bokkos
26. Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina
27. University Of Abuja, Abuja
28. University Of Benin, Benin City
29. University Of Calabar, Calabar
30. University Of Ibadan, Ibadan
31. University Of Ilorin, Ilorin
32. University Of Jos, Jos
33. University Of Lagos
34. University Of Mkar, Gboko
35. the University Of Nigeria Nsukka
36. University Of Port-Harcourt
37. University Of Uyo
38. Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto
39. Yobe State University, Damaturu
State Universities To Study Computer Science in Nigeria
1. Adamawa State University, Mubi
2. Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko
3. Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden
4. Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
5. Anambra State University, Uli
6. Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
7. Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu
8. Gombe State University, Tudun Wada, Gombe
9. Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil
10. Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology, Aliro
11. Kogi State University, Anyigba
12. Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin
13. Nasarawa State University, Keffi
14. Ondo State University Of Medical Sciences Laje Road, Ondo, Ondo State
15. Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, Okitipupa
16. Osun State University, Osogbo
17. Plateau State University, Bokkos
18. Sokoto State University, Sokoto
19. Sule Lamido University, Kafin Hausa, Jigawa State
20. Summit University, Offa, Kwara State
21. Taraba State University, Jalingo
22. Yobe State University, Damaturu
Private Universities computer science in Nigeria
1. Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State
2. Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti
3. Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo
4. Al- Hikmah University, Ilorin
5. Al-Qalam University, Katsina
6. American University Of Nigeria, Yola
7. Augustine University, Ilara, Lagos
8. Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
9. Bells University Of Technology, Ota
10. Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
11. Caleb University, Imota
12. Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu
13. Chrisland University, Owode, Ogun State
14. Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota
15. Crawford University, Faith City, Km 8, Atan-Agbara Road, Igbesa
16. Crescent University, Abeokuta
17. Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State
18. Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State
19. Fountain University, Osogbo
20. Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu-Nike
21. Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
22. Hallmark University, Ijebu-Itele, Ogun State
23. Hezekiah University, Umudi, Imo State
24. Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
25. Madonna University, Okija
26. Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ogun State
27. Michael And Cecilia Ibru University, Owhrode, Delta State
28. Mountain Top University, Makogi/Oba, Ogun State
29. Nigeria Turkish Nile University, Abuja
30. Novena University, Ogume
31. Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu
32. Paul University, Awka
33. Redeemers University
34. Renaissance University, Ojiagu-Agbani, Enugu
35. Rhema University, Obeama, Rivers State
36. Ritman University, Ikot-Ekpene, Akwa-Ibom State
37. Salem University, Lokoja
38. Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State
39. Southwestern University, Okun-Owa, Ogun State
40. Tai Solarin University Of Education, Ijagun
41. Tansain University, Oba, Anambra State
42. Wellspring University, Irhihi/Ogbaneki, Benin City
43. Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State.
Jamb subject combinations For Computer Science
To pursue computer science in Nigeria, you must pick the following JAMB subject combinations: English language, mathematics, physics and chemistry.
You can also check the requirements for the specific Universities or institutions you want to apply to.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I study computer science without taking further mathematics in JAMB?
Yes, you can still pursue computer science without further mathematics. While some universities may recommend or accept further mathematics, it is optional.
Are there other subject options besides physics and chemistry for JAMB computer science combinations?
Physics and chemistry are the most commonly required subjects for computer science. However, it’s essential to check the specific requirements of the institutions you are interested in, as there might be slight variations in subject combinations.
Is biology a necessary subject for JAMB computer science combinations?
No, biology is not typically a mandatory subject for computer science. It is more relevant to fields like medicine and biological sciences.
Can I substitute further mathematics with another subject?
The substitution of further mathematics depends on the University’s requirements. Some institutions may allow alternative subjects like economics or geography. It is advisable to consult the admission guidelines of the University you intend to apply to.
How can I prepare effectively for the JAMB examination in computer science?
To prepare for the JAMB examination in computer science, focus on developing a solid understanding of the core subjects (mathematics, physics, and chemistry). Practice past questions, engage in self-study, and consider enrolling in JAMB preparatory classes or online courses for additional guidance.
To Studying Computer Science in the University Choosing the right JAMB subject combinations for computer science is a critical step towards achieving your academic and career goals in this field; mathematics, physics, chemistry, and English Language are the four core subjects to study computer science. Meanwhile, Remember to check the specific requirements of the universities or institutions you wish to apply to, as they may have variations in their subject combination preferences.