Jamb Subject Combinations for Geology
Do you plan to study geology at the University and need to know the correct jamb subject combinations for Geology?
If yes, we’ve listed and established other essential points about studying geology at the University in this article.
Without wasting much time, let’s dive in.
On this page, We’ve covered the following topics:
- Jamb Subject Combinations For geology
- List of Universities offering geology in Nigeria
- WAEC/NECO/NABTEB Subject Requirements For Geology
List of Universities offering geology in Nigeria
As of today, not all Universities in Nigeria are offering geology, which means you need to Identify the right Institution for the course; below, we’ve compiled a complete list of 42 accredited universities offering geology in Nigeria, which consists of State, federal, and private Universities, they are:
1. Achievers University Owo (AUO) – Private
2. Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko (AAUA) – State
3. Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) – Private
4. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU) – Federal
5. Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo (ACU) – Private
6. Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden (AKSU) – State
7. Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin (AHU) – Private
8. Anambra State University, Uli (ANSU) – State
9. Bayero University, Kano (BUK) – Federal
10. Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU) – State
11. Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti (EKSU) – State
12. Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE) – Federal
13. Federal University Of Technology Minna (FUTMINNA) – Federal
14. Federal University Of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) – Federal
15. Federal University, Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State (FUBK) – Federal
16. Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State (FUGUS) – Federal
17. Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State (FULOKOJA) – Federal
18. Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI) – Federal
19. Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State (FUOYE) – Federal
20. Gombe State University, Tudun Wada, Gombe (GSU) – State
21. Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State (GUU) – Private
22. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU) – State
23. Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU) – State
24. Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil (KUST) – State
25. Kogi State University, Anyigba (KSU) – State
26. Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola (MAUTECH) – Federal
27. Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island (NDU) – State
28. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU) – Federal
29. Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye (OOU) – State
30. Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, Okitipupa (OSUSTECH) – State
31. Osun State University, Osogbo (UNIOSUN) – State
32. Salem University, Lokoja (SALEM) – Private
33. University Of Benin, Benin City (UNIBEN) – Federal
34. University Of Calabar, Calabar (UNICAL) – Federal
35. University Of Ibadan, Ibadan (UI) – Federal
36. University Of Ilorin, Ilorin (UNILORIN) – Federal
37. University Of Lagos (UNILAG) – Federal
38. University Of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) – Federal
39. University Of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) – Federal
40. the University Of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) – Federal
41. Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto (UDUSOK) – Federal
42. Wesley University Of Science And Technology, Ondo (WUSTO) – PPrivate.
WAEC/NECO/NABTEB Subject Requirements For Geology
Any Student aspiring to study geology in Nigeria must select the right five (5) core Subjects when Registering for the O’ level/SSC exams. Moreover, you must have at least five credit passes in those subjects to secure Admission to study geology. Below are the five core subjects Required to study geology at the University.
- English language
- Geography or Physics
In addition, to increase your chance of gaining Admission to study geology, based on the competitive nature of the course, ensure you have good grades in your O’level results; this will boost your chance of gaining Admission to your desired Institutions.
Jamb Subject Combinations For geology
To study geology, you must enroll for the correct jamb subject combination Required to study your choice of discipline; You are required to select four core subjects in the jamb to study geology, which is:
- English language
- and any other social science Subject.
To avoid Mistakes or to resit for jamb, calmly recheck the subject selection properly when enrolling before you allow the registrar to submit and proceed.
Geology is a good program offered by various Nigeria Universities. However, students Aspiring to Study geology must select the correct four (4) Core subjects Required to study geology in the Universities. Meanwhile, some schools sometimes decides to choose different subject combinations. It’s advisable to check the requirements of your Institutions.