Ubuhlebezwe Municipality is now open for unemployed South African resident graduates to apply for the Internship Programme 2023 /2024, a 12-month program.
- Internship Application Closing Date: 18th of August 2023 @ 16h00
- Internship Location: Ixopo, KwaZulu-Natal
- MUNICIPAL FINANCE MANAGEMENT INTERN (2-YEAR CONTRACT) (X2)
- SALARY SCALE: R 100 000.00 Per Annum (All Inclusive)
- NO ADDITIONAL MUNICIPAL BENEFITS WILL APPLY (PENSION, MEDICAL AID ETC.) AND APPLICANTS ARE ALSO REQUIRED TO MAKE THEIR ARRANGEMENTS IN THIS RESPECT.
The position is only open for dedicated and highly motivated individuals with at least a three (3) year tertiary qualification to participate in the Internship Programme, which seeks to capacitate recent graduates for a career in Local Government finance.
The Internship program is the initiative of the National Treasury to help to build a sufficient strategic management capacity at the Local Government level.
In Addition, A training programme has been put in place typically to expose all successful applicants to the necessary fact of Local Government financial services.
It should be emphasized that after the end of the internship contract, the Municipality is under no obligation to extend the contract period or provide permanent employment.
Applicants are required to have a Minimum of the following:
- Certificate B for Grade 12 A BSc/ND with Accounting and Auditing majors or an equivalent 3-year tertiary qualification.
- Computer Knowledge
- Interpersonal, written, and vocal communication abilities are required.
- Ability to learn when working under duress.
REQUIRED DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
Interested applicants should be aware and ready to carry out the following duties and functions:
1. Perform Basic accounting functions.
2. Interpret finance legislation & policies.
3. Process invoice payment by capturing and verifying the source documents.
4. Manage the interface between the department payroll and accounting system.
5. Undertake budget control on expenditure and revenue.
6. Oversee expenditure management and reconcile grants.
7. Be trained in all sections of the Budget and Treasury Office.
UBUHLEBEZWE MUNICIPALITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
How TO APPLY
To apply, you need to have a signed letter of application indicating the position being applied for, along with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates and Identity Documents, which must be forwarded to: The Municipal Manager, P. O. Box 132, Ixopo, 3276 by not later than 16h00 on 18 August 2023.
Moreover, applications can be hand delivered at Ubuhlebezwe Municipality, 29 Margaret Street, Ixopo, 3276. Faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
If you do not hear from Council within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. All enquiries should be directed to the HR Officer, Mr TPI Msani, at (039) 201 0385.
APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES ARE INVITED TO APPLY.
COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE ANY APPOINTMENT FOR THE ABOVEMENTIONED POSITIONS.